Manufacturing and Production Engineer
Who is Cerulean Sonar?
A new startup and well funded by a successful serial entrepreneur who is also a member of the engineering team. We are looking for a manufacturing engineer to help us take our products over the finish line. This is a ground floor opportunity with great professional growth potential.
The ideal candidate will have a proven background in mechanical engineering, and have demonstrated experience getting electro-mechanical products designed, assembled, tested, packaged, and supported.
- Developing tech data packages for manufacturing electrical and mechanical components working from R&D designs and models. We expect to source both domestically and offshore.
- Setting up and implementing quality systems as needed (we expect we will start small and add as required).
- Outsourcing electronic systems to PCB fab/assembly houses.
- Value-engineering and outsourcing mechanical components such as waterproof housings and brackets.
- Sourcing electronic cable assemblies.
- Sourcing or setting up system assembly.
- Designing and implementing production test and calibration protocols.
- Packaging systems for distribution and sale.
- Manage warranty and service returns and support.
A degreed engineer is preferred. However, it is more vital that you be able to demonstrate successful experience setting up and sustaining manufacturing systems in the areas noted above. Five or more years of relevant experience is required.
For purposes of this job, it is better to have experience in a small company where you are doing more aspects of the job than in a large company where a broad purchasing and logistics team supports you. Cerulean has very low management overhead, and we expect our associates to be self-starting, self-motivating, and self-directed. As a startup, we do not have a mature benefits system, but we do offer a competitive salary, health insurance, and paid time off.